Karma Smacks My Ex

So, back in my earlier college days before I started dating J, I dated a girl that we’ll call KM. I thought she was nice enough, we started dating, and everything was great. Then she moved to Alabama for an internship with the Space Center for a semester. I was fine with it and said I’d wait for her to return. Then she took another semester down there. Then she stayed the summer as well. By this time I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn’t the camp that she was down there for. I confronted her about cheating on me with someone, but she denied everything. I broke up with her mid-June. At the end of August she was engaged to another guy. I got over it, and stopped talking to her.

Recently, I came across her blog through an old forgotten livejournal I once had. Here is KM's entry from last April.

There are no words to describe how absolutely infuriated and disgusted I am with [JH].

I have tried so hard to work with him. I'm letting him slide on this month's cell phone payment, until his next pay day. But this is the absolute end. Take fucking responsibility for your screwups, and pay the damn late fees that YOU accrued on MY credit card!

I mean, I can take him to small claims, no problem. I will do whatever paperwork it takes to get this stuck on his credit report instead of mine, since I have a divorce decree that specifically says "Visa card #whatever is the sole responsibility of the Respondent." Respondent being one [JH], who is going to make a very attractive rug soon if he doesn't get his shit together.

And what is his response?

"What part of 'leave me alone' don't you understand?'" Hanging up on me, ignoring my voice mails and text messages, and blocking me on AIM. I'm sure the email got deleted before he read it, too. For fuck's sake, just tell me when you're gonna pay it so I can tell the credit card people! And I want to make sure *you* understand what's going on and when your next statement is coming.

But of course, he's got a blow-job provider and he found God, so he's waaaay far above me now. Slimebag.

EDIT: Woot! I thought this was friends locked but evidentally it's public. Not a problem. I have no qualms about doing to your reputation what you did to mine.


To which [JH] responded:
Just for the record... before she ever called me I already had a plan in place to take care of the situation.

... also, I never made you do anything that helped you gain your reputation. Any reputation you have... you earned.

You should not be one to preach about taking responsibilities for screw ups.
after I set up dancing lessons for YOU (because I wanted to do something nice for my wife) So, YOU decided to sleep with the instructor to repay me... I never did anything to deserve any of the stuff you put me through. You refused to take responsibility for that and never once tried to do what was right with your marriage much less the friendship that we once had.

Its not like I am trying to not pay the credit card... in fact I have paid above what they are asking but they never send me any bills so the payments aren't getting to them... also the credit card company is the one being weird... I cannot help that. I have done everything I can to get them to talk to me and they won't...

Anyway... I love you... I have and always will... I refuse to crawl down to your level with the name calling though. I only present facts...



Damn dude. I thought I would warn you at your wedding to get a chastity belt for her, but thought that might ruin the moment. She never takes responsibility for her actions and the people she hurts. She is emotionally disconnected to everyone around her. She uses them until they won’t let her anymore and then she moves on to the next victim. Just to let you in on a secret now that you are divorced, she was still dating me back in Missouri up until two months before you were engaged to her. Nice huh? Either you move damn quick with the ring, or we were both being played. No harm done, though. I hope you find yourself someone better than that. You deserve someone that doesn’t sleep around on you. And yes, she had a “loose” reputation in college long before me. You have my sympathies, and congratulations for moving on. (And thanks for putting her in her place. That really made my day.)

Comments

Jess said…
You do realize that you sound bitter, right? And maybe not quite over the betrayl of "She Who Must Not Be Named." I mean, really, honey, lets play fair and all. She's not dragging your dirty laundry all over the blogging world.

Tsk tsk.
Larry said…
"Have you ever been Karmically bitch slapped by a six-armed goddess?"

Come on, Jess, let him have his fun. I despise my ex-wife(which is an emotion I reserve for her and Bill O'Reilly) and if I thought it would make me feel better, i would air out her dirty laundry on my blog. Sometimes people deserve what they get(I know my ex does) and others deserve to be able to gloat about it.
Jess said…
Eh, Larry, when you put it like that.....I'm still torn on whether or not I think it's appropriate.
Robert said…
Hmmm. I didn't mean to offend. Especially not my loving J. If it bugs you that much, we can take the post down and replace it. However, there is nothing like a little controversy to stir up a few comments... ;)
Sunny said…
Eh. I've done my fair share of exposing my exes for what they were/are, and I'm not really that ready to stop. I mean, if nothing else, it makes for a good gossip session about people who deserve it (as far as I can tell). Besides, what's more fun than knowing someone who wasn't nice to you is getting their karmic returns?

Thank FSM that it didn't even have an inkling of turning out differently. Not that you'd have fallen for it.
Anonymous said…
Ah, yet another reason why I do not have a blog....you won't be bashing anymore of your exes, will you?.....will you?....
Robert said…
Sunny: Yeah, had I stayed with her it might be me divorced at 23. I'll thank my lucky stars I finally got an awesome girlfriend.

Nads: Haha, don't worry. No more ex bashing. Just that one. You're safe.
Byagi said…
"She Who Must Not Be Named."

Maybe you should leave Shaldamort out of future posts...

...okay, that was all I had...sorry.

Honestly though, its all past you and you've got a good thing going. I know some people that say they'd do the same thing, but when it comes down to it, even if it ended badly, you learned from it and you've moved on. I admit it was a pretty funny read, but all that is in the past and you've got better things to do with your time, like drive your new fancy car, work and play video games. :)
Sunny said…
And Post More. Don't forget that. Remind your little lady, too, wouldya?
Ren said…
Hmmm... Very complicated, the relationships between man and woman. Yet we must remember that the perception(s) we have of others are our own and might not be shared. Yes, you might despise her. Even I could hate her a little bit... But that's just us. I'm with Jess on this one... It tip-toes on the ethics line a bit. But that's just my perception.

Funny, I refer to "Rinnie" some times as "She Who I Do Not Speak Of".
Larry said…
LB, he didn't mention any names did he? No ethics bypassed here, just a matter of personal limits. You and I might not go where R went, but, is he wrong for going there? I say, no.

I have been wrong before, but, only that one time and this admission is the only evidence, so now I will have to track down and kill every last one of you have read this.
Ren said…
Hey, hey, Lar... I didn't say he was wrong or right. I just said the ethics line was, well, not well delineated...
Robert said…
B: As long as you found humor in it, I did my job. Honestly, I was stretching for my next post - this just happened upon me first. No more ex posts, promise.

LB: Yeah, I know it was a little out there for me. But seeing as a couple of my friends agreed that the marriage wouldn't last more than a year, it isn't just my perspective. Besides, most of this post was simply copied from her blog. I just wanted to cheer on another guy that survived the turmoil.
Anonymous said…
What I don't understand is why you even CARE? you live with a girl. You have dated her for 3 years. You guys are really, really young, but here you are living with someone in a relationship that belies your age and implies a great deal of commitment which you clearly are not ready to make, yet you bother to check up on your ex? You read her blog? Why? I'd bet you do it more often than either you or your current girl want to admit - - go spend your time on the girl who's focused on you NOW, buddy. As if it's not depleting your current girlfriend enough to take yourself out of the picture long enough to focus on someone you used to be intimate with, you have to deplete her more by making her think about this poor, pathetic, messed up girl who her sad, past-dwelling, bitter boyfriend is still wrestling with in his heart? And where your girl can see it?? She already knows your mind is somewhere else or she wouldn't be writing stuff in her column about how everyone asks her. Nonsense. She asks herself. Because you're not entirely in the picture.

Women know all. When we act on it...that's all God's timing. But man, if I were God...your girl would have woken up from her long winter's hibernation well before she moved in with you. It's so hard to see it, but I'm 30 and engaged, and man, if I were ONLY back on the market, it's still teeming with men. And the guy I'm with? He had one like the one you had before. He was just smart enough to let her go, and move in on me before I got away.

Oh - and in case you edit this before J can see it, I'm posting my comment on her site too.

Popular Posts