Two Cats - One Cat = Clean Carpets

Last Friday I finally gave up one of the cats in my apartment. It had been two years of constant training and still she preferred carpets to litter boxes. So I gave her one last chance, rented a steam cleaner and cleaned the carpets (7 times in some areas) and kept her locked in the bathroom with her litter box for the entire day. When the floors were finally dry, I let her out and she sniffed a lap around the living room and then pee'ed on the floor again.

I had tried cat prozac, different litter, moving the litter box, putting carpet in the litter box, using sand and shredded paper, using different types of litter boxes, and still no luck. So I had to take her into the Vet last Friday to get her put down. Fortunately enough for both of us, the Vet was going home that weekend to visit his parents and said he could drop the cat off at a neighbor's house where she'd be a barn cat. I was all for that -- so hopefully she's having a blast outside somewhere. It's probably better than being six feet under at any rate.

Today I gave Lance a bath (always one of his favorite activities...) and found that his undercoat had a lot of small mats. His long coat looked bumpy where the mats were lying underneath. So it looks like I'll have to get him professionally groomed (and possibly shaved). If he comes back without any hair, I'll definitely post some pictures...

So long Nimue, I hope the barn works out for you...

Comments

Jess said…
I totally changed the URL for your blog so you're once again linked to the Column. Go figure. :)

Popular Posts