Winter Updates

I know it has been before Thanksgiving since I last posted. I really do apologize, I have been keeping up on all of you, but it has been extremely hard to squeeze in the posts. After spending an entire day working on a computer, I rarely have the desire to work on my own.

Everything is going pretty good around here. The lights are up and the presents are slowly getting wrapped. I have found out that Lance pants likes to get into the Christmas spirit as well – he has been tearing off bits of the wrapping paper when no one is looking. I have found packages mysteriously unwrapped as fast as I can wrap them.

Tonight I announced to my gorgeous J that I am undergoing a backrub boycott. After giving nightly foot rubs or backrubs without question, I found it impossible to get a return on my investments. I did trap her into one and made her pinky swear that she would give me one backrub – but she kept dodging it with excuses. I began to feel guilty just bringing it up. So after much deliberation, I decided I would boycott the backrubs until we are both getting them. However, that didn’t stop me from my other boyfriendly duties…

…like cleaning up after dinner. Get you minds out of the gutter!

In other news I will be working this weekend at Geektopia getting training on things I really won’t ever use. The guy in charge actually came and apologized that he had to make us take the class. Apparently our group of engineers is the last that will have to take it. So I’ll suck it up and get though it, but J will be all alone in the house on the weekend.

Today we had our first big snow of the season. There is already four inches of snow on the ground outside and the weathermen are predicting at least double that by morning. I left work early to brave the crazy traffic in Kansas City. It is ridiculous how a little snow on the road can turn people completely stupid. Especially those in SUV’s that believe that snow proclaims them the owners of the road.

So to forget the bad drivers and try and enjoy the snow outside, I tried getting into the spirit. I tried my hands at a few snowflakes from LostNotFound. Here’s a few of my best. If you have a few minutes I suggest giving it a try. I found I was most creative with a steaming hot chocolate in my hands.


My most realistic snowflake…


An interpretation of a snow angel…


An ode to Harry Potter…

Comments

Jess said…
Airing our dirty laundry on the blog now, huh? Backrub boycott. Blah. I don't need no backrubs, anyway. Now go fold my laundry!

I love you!
Tiffany said…
Looking at those snowflakes, I'd say one of us has too much time on their hands . . .

Are you guys coming home for Xmas? Let's grab dinner or something -- I'd even clean house & invite you over (that's how you know you're special!).

I got a $100 gift certificate to the WellAware Center @ work -- no point in signing up for an exercise class, I get those at the YMCA -- but it means that I can get two one-hour backrubs for $26, including tips -- aahhhhhhhh......
Anonymous said…
Holy Snowballs R! Those flakes kick ass! Congrats on the snow! We are getting ours this morning/afternoon. Only about 3 inches, but my kids are beyond excited about it and most districts (including good ol NHS) are shut down for the day.
~k~
Ren said…
Don't give in, Rob... Let her miss them backrubs, and she'll do anything for them... If she's anything like the women I work with, she'll start worrying on or about day three.
Jess said…
Oh please. I gave in that day. I can't go without having my shoulders rubbed. I'm too tense.
Sunny said…
So.. is the template ok?
Sunny said…
Uh oh.. you should change the 'title' portion of your template. Sorry!

Popular Posts