Google Rocks Out

I totally missed my calling. I should have worked for Google. If only they weren't all the way out in California. This post is all about some really awesome google stuff.

I know I assigned a Nerd Assignment for Google Earth that didn't really take. If I can convince any of you to give it a try, I would suggest this website as well.

Also if you want to look up the number for the pizza place that is around the corner, forget about using the whitepages or calling 411 on your cell phone. Now Local Google (which everyone should try) is available on newer cell phone models. If you have a newer phone that has java capability (like my brother's new Razr phone - lucky bastard) you will be really interested in this link. The download is free and you will never have to pay to call information again. Ever. For those out there that are more interesting in blogging and have cell phones with camera capability, you should check this webpage out. You can instant message your photos to blogger and they will post them on your blog for you. Pretty friggin sweet.

How many of us have typed out a huge post, hit the publish button and watched our work disappear? How many spelling errors have I had in this post alone? Now you can download a macro for Microsoft Word to help you blog. This download will actually put a blogger button into Word that allows you to publish or save a draft of your blog post. Plus you can spell check easier.

If you are too poor to give to charity, but would still like to do something to help with disease cure research, you should take a look at this. If you have a desktop computer that is sitting at home all day not being used, you can actually donate CPU time. You computer will used in a network of computers performing calculations for Stanford University. They are trying to understand the structure of proteins so they can develop better treatments for a number of illnesses. Essentially your computer will help make up a super computer when you aren't using it. Give some processing time to charity!

And finally, after the image search hit it off so big for google you can now search for videos on the web. I have already typed in swing dancing, Lindy Hop, and Jitterbug and got some really good ideas for dance moves. Go watch some movies!

Comments

Ren said…
You know, Rob, I've been looking at the SETI project thing... But I think this is more helpful. After all, it doesn't do us any good to find other living things in the universe if we aren't around long enough to give them a phone call...
Ren said…
Who? Rob or Me?
Tiffany said…
Oh Bert. I thought I was bad when I got 9/10 answers to the "Classic Star Trek" category on Outburst. Oh well. My quest for nerdiness continues . . .

Popular Posts