A Whole Bunch of Random Crap

I realize that I never judged the last Nerd Assignment, and worse still never sent out the prize to Nads like I promised. Nads, I hope you'll forgive me but I honestly tried. I was going to send you a box of Frosted Alpha-bits for all your binary decoding skills, but after I bought a box I noticed that they were the unfrosted "healthy" kind. So I spent a few more trips to Wal-mart, Hyvee, and Price Chopper only to find that NOBODY carries the good kind anymore. I'm really sorry. If you still want the nasty unopened box of unsweetened Alpha-bits I'll send them to you. I'm still really miffed that my childhood cereal is gone forever.

For the last Nerd Assignment I had the following entries. Some of you might have been entered against your will...with my apologies. Here are the entries:

Tiffany's Zoo Trip

Nick's World View

Sunny

Abbie's Life

Ollie's Birthday Slide Show


I'm going to have to award Ollie the Nerd Assignment award because, damn I'm gonna miss that scaly guy. I found out a few weeks ago that Ollie went to that big desert in the sky on April 1st. He has left the blog sphere and has been laid to rest. I actually got choked up a bit when I saw that he was gone. *Sniff.* Ollie, if you can hear me -- you have been bestowed the high honor of Geekiest Dead Celeb. May everyone honor you as the paparazzi would. I'm gonna miss you little fella.

Okay with that out of the way, things have been a bit crazy around here. I finally finished the last fifty pages of Wicked. Very interesting perceptions in that book.



There are really large sections on the politics of Oz, and great detail about religion and what it means to be evil. This quote made me smile:

"You're not Wicked," said Boq
"How do you know? It's been so long," said the Witch, but she smiled at him.
Boq returned the smile, warmly. "Glinda used her glitter beads, and you used your exotic looks and background, but weren't you just doing the same thing, trying to maximize what you had in order to get what you wanted? People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us." He sighed. "It's people who claim that they're good, or anyway better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of."

It was a pretty good read. I got Son of a Witch waiting to be read, so I'll be starting that pretty soon. I've started a new Playstation game called Beyond Good and Evil. It features a reporter uncovering a government conspiracy about the ongoing war with an alien race. Let see what other things have I been up to? I've seen a few movies since the last time I posted: Mad Hot Ballroom, Silent Hill, and King Kong.

I also got really hooked on Disc Golf over Easter. Then I found out from a person I work with that there is a huge eighteen hole course right across from my work. Ruthenium came up to Kansas City last weekend to visit and we went out to play a round. It was a bit misty, so by the time we were done with the first nine holes, our pants were soaked up to mid-calf. Our shoes had so much water in them our socks made that sickening "squish" every step. But it was a good time. Later J and I wanted to enjoy the awesome weather we've been having lately so we went out there again. She had a good time as well and we were both exhausted by the end. Just walking through the course is enough to get you winded. The entire course is made up of vertical hills. There isn't a level hole in the entire course.

This weekend I will be getting up really early and driving down the street to see an awesome performance by one of St. Louis's hottest shows. They are driving out to KC from STL and will be here for one day only. Yeah, that's right. My brother is competing in a show choir concert. For those that don't know what show choir is -- it is basically a choir that performs a dance or "show" of sorts. I was once a show choir junkie as well as EuroBoy, making Gableo a legacy. So Gabeleo will be up here competing in a competition singing and shaking his tail feather. Word. I'll be there cheering him on.

I'll definitely work on making smaller posts each week instead of these huge massive novels every month. I need to start putting up small posts each week even if I only say that I have nothing to report. I've heard several people wonder if I'm even still alive...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought Hyvee had everything in the free world, but I guess I was wrong. You can keep you alph-shit, I was just happy to win. How was Silent Hill? The game scared the shit out of me. And last, you need to spoof up your myspace page or I will start docking you geek points!

I hope Gableo does well in his performance!
Natty said…
I was starting to worry about you...
Jess said…
And when you do get around to pimping your Myspace, let me know. Mine is lame-o, too. :o)

Popular Posts