Graduation!

Hey guys, I know it has been forever since I have updated my blog. Things in Rolla have been a bit crazy. In the last week alone, this is what I have done:
  • Simulated a campus wide network on the computer and wrote a 20 page development plan for a generic corporation (and aced it)

  • I made a computer simulation of an 8051 microprocessor with a 40 page report (the tiny chip that makes calculators work. It is also used to control the electronics in your car)

  • My group completed the JoggerTrack senior project and turned in a three ring (too many pages to count) binder containing memos, user manuals, presentations, development plans, and stuff

  • I had a final in networks (only got a B)

  • I wrote an online survey for my English class in HTML (the responses are sent directly to my email)
All I have left to do is write a memo for my semester long research project on Virtual Reality Simulations and take a final in my VHDL language class. (The code used to make computer chips).

Then it is off to pack like mad and get moved into an awesome apartment in Kansas City with J. From graduation to moving in less than two weeks. I can't wait. In addition to having Lance become vomitous on the four hour trip we'll also have a new addition in the car. Because J wants a guard dog we've decided to get something keep her and Lance company. I might have had a tad too much input because we are definitely looking at a new litter of cocker spaniel puppies for sale. They aren't cheap, but they are tons cheaper than scotties (J's favorite breed).

After all that I've gone through in college, the most I feel right now is a huge relief that it is all over. Somehow I don't think I'm going to miss UMR anytime soon. Too many memories associated with stress and homework. I'll miss the friends, but my brain hurts from all the cramming.

So close to done I can taste it. Don't worry about the Land of the Nerds blog - I'll still be updating my crazy adventures. It just might have to be about Kansas City (Geektopia) instead of Rolla (Nerdland). For those of you that haven't seen it already, here is a copy of my senior picture.


Grrrrr baby.

Comments

Jess said…
Boy, what a hottie. :o)
Ren said…
Hey, Rob... Congrats on everything. No, I'm not a doctor, although more than a handful of people keep asking me if I am because I tutor the med students on their stuff. I'm just a lab boy, a medical technologist. I'm working on my Master of Public Health degree, hoping to be Secretary of Health or head the World Health Organization, or the CDC... You know, not thinking big at all. Good to meet you. And I see you've met Jess. Oh, that Jess!
Robert said…
Jess: Thanks, cutie. I'll meet you later.

RF: Thanks! And the major makes more sense now. I'll be checking in on your blog so be prepared!

MST: LOL! Yeah, I can see how that phrase could get you in trouble with the kiddos...
Anonymous said…
so nerdy, so sexy
Sunny said…
Sounds like you're one guy with a lot on your plate, dude.

Watch out for the puppy, too. You might have twice the vomitous goodness for the trip.

Have a good last couple of weeks!
Robert said…
anonymous: Is is strange that I like being called nerdy as much as sexy?

abbs: You actually got me blushing. *red cheeks* You're on for that dance!

sunny: Because our apartment only allows older pets, the puppy wasn't allowed. Oh well, perhaps later when a house is in the mix...

Popular Posts