VROOM! VROOM!

I am 23 years old, I live in an apartment with my girlfriend, I have a fat job, but I have NEVER owned a car. I have always borrowed from the parents or got rides from friends...(mostly from my gorgeous J)

However, this finally started to cause problems. There were many nights that J needed to work late, and I had to sit at the office for an extra hour and a half. Not that I minded, but she started to feel bad about leaving me so long. So I tried grabbing rides from people at work, but that gets on people's nerves quick. The car situation hit its climax last Friday when I had a test on three weeks of training material. The test was supposed to take three hours, but I had to leave an hour early in order to catch a ride home with a friend. Needless to say, I didn't do so hot on the exam.

I mentioned this episode to my parents, and the next day they call me to tell me Uncle J is coming up to Kansas City to help his son move into college. On his way, he stops by to school me in how to buy a car. We have three hours to find, buy, and drive a car home. (Uncle J used to be a car salesman.) We go to our second car lot and we find a 2005 Chevy Cavalier sitting there. Then we see the sticker price: $9990. Not bad. It only has 23000 miles on it, and it is really fun to drive. How does it get better than that?

So Uncle J goes in to work his magic. When all is said and done, he lowered my interest rate from 9.8% to 5.6%, my down payment from $1000 to $500, and the sticker price from $9990 to $9690. Yeah, it was too good to pass up. So here you go guys, my first car. Ever.











Comments

Jess said…
:o) I'm so proud he finally found himself a car!
Robert said…
LNF: Careful now, who says it's a "girl car?" I had an in depth conversation with it during the test drive. It assured me it was metrosexual - not feminine.

Jess: Thanks buddy! I can't wait to cruise in it some more.
Larry said…
Congrats, R, but my 2005 Chevy can beat up 2005 Chevy. :P
Robert said…
Larry: Bring it on. He might be metrosexual, but he's fearless.
Tiffany said…
YAY!!!
Ren said…
Hurray! Now... Does your uncle charge to come over to PA and help me buy a new Jeep? :p Congrats.
Larry said…
LOL

I'm sure they are pretty similar since mine is a red 2005 Cobalt-basically the same car just in a different, less feminine body(hehe).
Ren said…
And what does living with J have to do with you having, or not, a car? I think you just wanted to flaunt her in our faces... Lucky bastard :p
Sunny said…
If this not-posting business has to do with the having-a-car-and-don't-need-to-take-the-time-to-post-cause-I-can-go-home-whenever-I-darn-well-please business, well.. I'm just going to have to vote in favor of no car.

Although it is a lovely picture of a metrosexual car. It is.
Robert said…
Tiff: YAY, indeed.

LB: Can you imagine how much my uncle could make? Pay him 10% of whatever he saves you when he negotiates the price of your car. It would be worth it, and he'd be rolling in the dough.

Larry: Yeah, but you colbalt has a bigger ass... :)

LB: Yeah, I'm guilty. I brag about her whenever I can. I can't help myself.

LNF: Yeah, yeah. I can take the heat. Call it a girl car all you want - it's comfortable with its sexuality.

Sunny: New post is on the way!

Popular Posts