Dr Arrogant, the Season Finale

Last sememster I had a very difficult teacher that refused to listen to his students. I just wanted to give everyone a brief overview of everything that happened at the end of the sememster.

Lectures turned really bad. Because he only had a handful of kids left in his class (most dropped), he started to ridicule everyone left. The one grad student that understood the class onced asked what a certain variable on the board was. Dr. Arrogant went into a fit telling the class that we should be reading the book to absorb the content. Obviously, we should just know that gamma = 1.32 by reading it in the third paragraph on page 312. College students have just gotten so lazy in this day and age!

So after bearing constant insults and having to stay in class up to 20 minutes pass the bell, I got pissed. Dr. Arrogant just met his match. First I went to my advisor (who taught the same class the previous semester). He told me we were trying to get too far for one semester and into too much theory. I then took a list of complaints to the department chair (one full page single spaced and bulleted). He told me that Dr. Arrogant has gotten a number of complaints in the past and that his student surveys were extremely poor. After showed him my list of things, he decided to sit in on lecture.

The department chair sits in on the day we get our tests back - of which two people passed. Dr. Arrogant did not bother to pass back our tests until the last minute of class when his boss left. After that, he kept us another thirty minutes to tell us how easy the test was, and how we were all lazy for failing it. I saw the department chair again.

After failing the first test he had the entire class take the test over. After failing the make-up as well, I decided I didn't really NEED this man having power over my GPA. So with three weeks till the end of the sememster I withdrew.

From the class that was left, I found out that there were only two A's. Dr. Arrogant recieved many more complaints from his students to the department chair. So action was finally taken. Dr. Arrogant's sentence?

Teaching the introductory freshmen course in computer engineering.

He can't even teach grad students and seniors effectively, and they want him to teach freshmen?? I am so glad I am graduating in May.



Dr. Arrogant says, "I'm smart, you're stupid. If I have to explain anything to you, it just means you're lazy and not studying enough."

Comments

Popular Posts