The Nasty Roommate

I have had K as a roommate since August now, and since then my life at home has been one long line of complaining and bitchiness. I asked her former roommate, her sorority sisters, and friends about her and they all told me the same thing - don't live with her. But because my choices were between a complete stranger or K, I decided K shouldn't be too bad.

I was wrong.

If you haven't read J's post on the cat litter escapade, that would be a good starting point.

So in the past two weeks I have watched as the house becomes a cesspit of nastiness. I'm talking far beyond a little clutter or a few dirty dishes. We are talking disgusting. Piles of paper and dirty dishes are piled up on the living room coffee table and overflowing onto the floor. The tub is more brown than white anymore, I won't even look at the toilet. Worse, because she never cleans out the sink after she has managed to finally wash dishes - it is black. The bottom is black with mold or mildew or both. I can't stand to look long enough to see. Food crusties litter the floor, countertops, and stove. I'm afraid that I'm going to contract some fatal disease from the poor hygiene.


Here's the living room.

So K in the past two weeks has now complained about:
1. The cat litter getting on the bathroom floor (could she pick up a broom?).
2. The numbers not being nailed on the house (have you tried hammering siding?)
3. The heater not working (after I already noticed and called for oil.)

Then I get bitched at because she thought the heating oil would be delivered the same day I ordered it. So she spent an entire day waiting for a delivery that I could have told her she didn't need to wait for anyway!

I called her back, told her to quit nagging me and while we are angry, clean the house for once. She called back saying that the house is a mess because she is sick, and that because I'm seldom around she is not motivated to clean. Since when is my presence in the house a prerequisite for cleaning after yourself??

So I saw a very funny blog today and was amazed at the things our roommates have in common. There are just some people that do not understand the common courtesies of sharing a living space.

Go to ihatemyflatmate

Also, as a quick reference here's a picture of her room:


Gross.

Comments

Popular Posts