The Light at the End of Nerd Land

Yesterday J and I finally returned from our week long trip to Kansas City. We stayed with J's old roommate Mle. After two days of apartment searching and debating, J and I have found the place we both really want to live. We will be living somewhere in the Woods of Walnut Creek in North Kansas City. The place is nestled in 42 acres of woods and is still close to the city.

A few of the cool items include:
  • 7% discount from our rent because I work for Cerner.

  • Completely pet friendly - Cheap Pet Rent and Fees.

  • Large Lake

  • Clubhouse

  • Fitness Room

  • Several Swimming Pools

  • Jacuzzies

  • Walking Trails

  • 30-40% of tenants work at Cerner

  • Three minute drive to Cerner

  • Fifteen or Twenty minute drive to UMKC (for da buddy)

  • Ten minute drive to Central Kansas City

  • Ample parking - renting parking spaces is not needed.

  • J can paint the walls any color her heart desires. (I'll be recruited for high parts I'm sure...)

  • Huge Bay Window in the bedroom

  • Lots of windows throughout the apartment.

J and I were torn between this place and another in the heart of the city. We both agreed that while city life would be cool, walking the dog two blocks to the park every time he needs to pee would not be too fun. Yes, a small dog is in the works to keep both J and Lance company. J is opting for a scotty, I'm partial to cocker spaniels. We shall see.

Comments

Byagi said…
Sounds pretty great all in all. I'm glad it went well for both of you. :)
Robert said…
Welcome to Nerd Land wicked one! If you don't mind I would like to post your seven sins quiz on my blog for people to take -- however I'll send them to you first.

Popular Posts