My Embarrassing Confession

I have a confession. I do embarrassing things in bed while I’m sleeping. It is even more embarrassing than bed wetting...

I talk in my sleep.

I’ve always had this problem. Even when I was grade school I talked to anyone in the room while still asleep. There was the time that I dreamed someone had just fired an explosive rocket at my head and I had to duck out of the way. Fearing for my life, I screamed “Noooooooo!” at the top of my lungs. As it turned out, my mother had snuck in a few moments before to put away my laundry. I nearly gave her a heart attack.

I can tell immediately when it happens too. I once yelled at my brother to get out of my room – at 3:00 am. However, I find that it gets a lot worse if there is someone in the room near me. Thus, I repeatedly talk to J while she is sleeping. Usually it isn’t too bad and I can control it. For instance, if a dream is getting too real I’ll start dreaming about something else. Last night I had a failed attempt.

I dreamed that I was in my Modern Physics class from two years ago and all of the sudden the fundamental laws of physics weren’t true anymore. The equations didn’t work out like they should. Somehow I knew that at the exact moment I discovered all this, the universe would unravel itself. The universe was going to explode and it was my entire fault for seeing the stupid math errors!

I jumped and yelled “Oh shit!” as I waited for the inevitable…and then J wakes me up with a panicked “What’s wrong? What’s the matter?!?”

“Nothing” I murmur. “Damned physics.”

Comments

Miss Wired said…
LOL! I hate this. I do the waking up and saying "Shit!" all the time. I once had a nightmare where I was screaming out loud, but once my mother came to see what was wrong, I'd realised it was a dream and was lying there giggling to myself.
Jess said…
He's not telling you about my favorite "late night conversations" with him. Therefore, I will share them myself.

1. We've been dating all of a few month. R rolls over and says "What state are you from?" We totally went to high school together.

2. We've been dating a lot longer. R wakes me up to ask me "Who are you?"

3. We've been dating even longer. I wake up because I hear mumbling next to me. I ask R what he wants. He says "Nothing. I'm dreaming. Ignore me." He definitely doesn't remember it the next morning.

4. Last week, I'm laying all snuggled up in bed dreaming fun dreams. Suddenly I feel thump! thump! thump! R says "Why won't this damned pillow move?" I say "Ow, Buddy. That's my head!"
Robert said…
Yeah, definitely embarrasing...
Miss Wired said…
Oh man!! No. 2 made me crack up so hard!!
Byagi said…
HA! That is priceless! I feel bad for you, but it really makes for some interesting experiences.

Popular Posts