Extra Bonus Answers

So no one attempted my little scavenger hunt for the coordinates I listed. What’s the matter guys? Afraid of a little google software? Trust me, I usually don’t go crazy over new software because I’m a hardware kinda guy. However, I recently showed Lost and Not Found Google Earth, and she said she might have to install it now. This is my last plug and then I won’t mention it anymore. I mean, really, that scavenger hunt took me three hours to put together. Here’s the snapshots of the answers.


1a.) St. Louis Arch ala square. (You can check out lots of US cities in 3D)


2a.) Area 51. Seriously, everything is blanked out. No, really. Cool, huh?


1.) 40 d 41' 20"N, 74 d 02' 42"W = Liberty Island


2.) 41 d 53' 24"N, 12 d 29' 31"E = Coliseum


3.) 48 d 51' 29"N, 2 d 17' 39"E = Eiffel Tower


4.) 29 d 58' 34"N, 31 d 7' 50"E = Giza Pyramids


5.) 27 d 59' 19"N, 86 d 55' 29"E = Mount Everest in friggin' 3D!


6.) 46 d 9' 21"N, 122 d 12' 38"W = Mount St. Helens also in 3D


7.) 36 d 7' 49"N, 112 d 14' 34"W = The Grand Canyon in 3D

Okay, so maybe after the screen shots someone out there will install Google Earth and become as addicted to it as I am. I’ll shoot out another nerd assignment that doesn’t require any installs next time. However, I would like to leave you with one final Google note…



You can totally customize the google webpage to include weather, your favorite nerd blog, people magazine gossip, nerdy tech news, or whatever floats your boat. And the best part? No installs required. Interested? Click Here.

Comments

Tiffany said…
Wow. I always knew you were a nerd, but wow -- this is like, MEGA-nerd-esque. But I still love you.
Robert said…
Score. One day I might achieve nerd-vana!
Byagi said…
I forgot to come back and post that I went for the scavenger hunt. The only one I didnt immediately recoginze was area 51. For a moment I thought there was a giant mountain in the middle of nowhere.
Sunny said…
Dude, I totally installed Google Earth before B even thought about it. AND I'll have you know that when I first saw your post, I tried to install it for a week and a half, and it was having problems. I admit, I didn't take the time to actually send you the picture of my favorite place, and further admit that I hate hate hate coordinates, and was waiting for you to do it all for me and make it simple. And it was worth the wait! Ha!

Popular Posts