Dancing with the Stars - WTF?!?

Okay, I know it happened a long time ago. However, I never truly got to vent my frustration. What the hell happened? John O'Hurley is the cool guy. The one that could actually dance at the end of the show. Just as a reference, go check out Shall We Dance, Simply Ballroom, or even a REAL ballroom competition. After that, you can try and solve this little riddle. What's the difference between John's dancing and a professional's? Oh wait. There isn't one.

He was the only person on the dance floor that looked like he actually belonged there. So why did the judges vote for Kelly instead? Here are my guesses
1. Her "dress" came apart midstep and she used her hand as a bra.
2. She sucked, took some ballet lessons, and still sucked.
3. The judges wanted to prove the underdog could win.
4. The judges couldn't oppose a "booing" audience behind them.

With that in mind, here are my responses.
1. They aren't even a handful. What's the big deal?
2. But hey, it doesn't matter to the judges - it's the thought that counts.
3. You know what? John deserved to win from his work ethic alone. Let's see Kelly lose 15 pounds doing something besides vomiting.
4. Cowards. Don't judge if you want to be everyone's friend.

My favorite line? This number was found in a magazine after the show's finale. "Kelly deserved to win, she looked fluid and John looked rigid." Um, duh? It's called spaghetti arms. Fluidity = sucking. Posture and grace = dancing. Therefore Kelly should have been the first to go. Curse you judges for letting the American public believe that ballroom dancing is SUPPOSED to look like jiggily crap.

Comments

Larry said…
Dude, after I used your pickup line, I had a real dancing with the stars experience. chack out my site for details.

Thanks man. Your line made 3 beautiful actresses laugh and call me sweet. I HAVE IT ON TAPE!
Larry said…
chack=check
Natty said…
I did the assignment! sorry it took so long.
Robert said…
Larry: Hell yeah! You used the polar bear pick-up line? Awesome! You totally need to digitize the tape and post it for me. That would be sweet!

Natasha: Welcome back! I wondered when the summer slump would release you.
Tiffany said…
polar bear pick-up line? I have to hear this one.....
Ren said…
Bring on the salsa dancing... And I shall be king!
Robert said…
Tiff: Done. Check out the new post. :)

LB: I challenge your salsa with my swing dancing. Bring it on!
Jess said…
Who's going to be your swing dance partner? Eh? Eh?
Larry said…
Robert I am on it. I just need to either visit my dad or actually buck up and get some video editing software in order to upload it to my computer and screw with it some.

Popular Posts