Busy Robo

I know it has been WAY too long since my last post. I've just been really busy at work and fell off the wagon for a bit. I still don't have much time, but here is a quick update:

1.) Watching Lost tonight with the Lost groupies. Kinda depressed that the entire season looks like it is going to be one big countdown until someone forgets to enter Hurley's lotto numbers. We predict that the time will run out in the season finale and then BOOM! (and we aren't quite sure past that point.)

2.) Working at Applebee's severely scared my appreciation of thier food (mainly due to the sanitation standards they DON'T abide by.) I was thrilled to see that someone made a documentary of it starring Ryan Reynolds called Waiting. I will be letting you all know how it goes. On top of that Jess and I are going out on a double date with some friends. Should make the movie that much more entertaining.

3.) Working on computers galore. My desktop is dying, Jess's parents is being fixed, and my brother needs a really good one for less than $300. I get home from working on computers and then work on computers. Until Jess comes home at least. A guy has his limits...

Thanks for you patience guys! I promise to update again this weekend sometime!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't believe I never thought about restaurant cooks dropping meat and other food on the floor and them being too lazy to cook it again so they just place it on the customer's plate. I don't think I'm ever going to eat at Applebee's again. Ever.
Anonymous said…
I only go to Applebee's to drink and go to trivia night. What more is there?
Ren said…
I know all about your computer issue... I keep getting orders for laptops!!! I'm backed up about a month!!! Argh!

About LOST... I'm convinced they're either in an alternate reality, or all subjects of a cruel experiment, alien abduction... Something. How did Locke miraculously recover the ability to walk after the accident? A bit "Matrixy" if you ask me. Cheers, Rob.
Ren said…
Oh, and there is nothing really that bad on the floor that would kill you if you ate it. Well, maybe on the floor of a restroom in Hong Kong... And that's a big maybe.
Robert said…
Anon: My favorite story is about my manager. When you are a waiter you have to pick up used plates scrape and them into the garbage. Immediately afterwards, you grab your next order to take out to your tables. Notice there wasn't a "hand washing" step in there. We did have hand sanitizer to help with that, but our manager took them down because he thought is was just fancy water...

Nads: Nothing. Don't eat there. Ever.

LB: Yeah, there is a theory that the "others" were the dead come back to life. And you are right, the floors are scrubbed nightly - but you haven't seen the cooks.

Popular Posts