Warning - Sentimental Post Ahead

***This post is all about my wonderful J. For all of you that don't want to hear me gush about her, this is not your post. This poem was done watching J sleep this morning, so it is a little rushed. Please do not comment with "vomit" and the like, because well, you were warned... :-)***

This morning you lay beside me,
Cuddled up to me in bed.
As I watch you sleep so peacefully,
thoughts dance inside my head.

I can't imagine a morning,
where you aren't the first I see.
Whenever I watch you sleeping,
I know you are my eternity.

I can see the lines of laughter
etched across your face.
Mostly from three years
of sharing each other's space.

You breath in deeply,
and you see me in your dream.
Quietly typing beside you,
your face begins to beam.

Do you know how much I love you?
Do you know how much I'd do?
I promise to take care of you,
if you ask, you can have the moon.

The world may not look at us
and see the social norm.
But I hope one day the whole world
has a J to cuddle and warm.

When you wake up you look over
to peek at what I've been up to.
I quickly hide my laptop
...you aren't allowed a preview.

You roll back over and face away
Not interested in an inquiry.
You are much too tired this morning
to investigate the mystery.

You give a gentle sigh
and press yourself against me slightly.
I know that's your way of asking
for me to spoon you tightly.

Before I log off this morning
I'd like everyone to know just this:
Find yourself a solemate spooner,
and your mornings will be perfect bliss.

Comments

Ren said…
Powerful. Lovely. Great.
Natty said…
i guess you are allowed sentimental post every once in awhile...

you guys are cute
Robert said…
LB: Thanks. It is very rare that I try a hand at poetry. In J's case this was long overdue.

Natasha: Thank you, we try our best. :) Nice to see you again, it's been a while.

Popular Posts