No Turkey For You

I know that I never blog about work, but I don't think this short snipette will get me in much trouble. Today I found out that my next training rotation at Geektopia comes with an unusual schedule. I will be manning phones from 5am to 5pm for 5 days, and then get 5 days off work. Good news? I get a five day vacation out of ten. Bad news? I work weekends when the five days fall on them, and probably Thanksgiving if I've done my math right.

Not so good.

I haven't seen the family for a few months and I was looking forward to seeing them. I already talked to my gorgeous J, and we agreed if I do work Thanksgiving she should still go see her family without me. I mean, I'll be working until 5pm. What is she going to do? Sit and wait for me to get home? Alone on her vacation? Yuck. There is no sense in both of us missing a visit home. She offered to make me a tupperware container with turkey and stuffing to take to work. I am truly blessed to have such an understanding girl with me. Now I just have to break the news to my bros.

Comments

Sunny said…
That sucks, Robo. Jess is sweet to make you your own Turkey Day Dinner, though.

I need to learn me how to make some turkey. Bruce is a big fan of Turkey.

Popular Posts