A Quick Update

Hey guys, sorry it has been a while. I've got some posts saved up to write about, but just don't have the time to write them at the moment. I began my first day in my real job at Geektopia on Monday. Since you can probably tell I'm not talking about the UK, I'm still in Kansas City. A manager I worked for during my training liked me enough to fight to have me on his team. So Kansas City won out over England. Whoo hoo! I know I had a lot of people encouraging me to go across seas, but since I can't blog about Geektopia, I can't tell you how many fourteen hour days that would have involved. I really like being close to family and friends and having the option of seeing them on the weekends if I wanted to drive out there. Plus, I'm really liking Kansas city -- it's a little like a safe, clean version of St. Louis. I feel a lot less scared on the Plaza than in the Central West End.

I also wanted to give a shout out to all the people from middle school that found my blog recently. I've linked to your myspace pages or blogs if I could find them. Amy and Brian -- you are officially linked to a Geek. Sarah -- I'm still searching for something. Let me know if you have a webpage. Hope everyone is doing okay, I've been trying to stay current with everyone's posts. And I PROMISE that I will finally judge the last Nerd Assignment. The grades on that are so overdue it's down right embarrassing. I bet you would never guess that I have two teachers as parents would you?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Robert, thanks now that I am officially linked, what does this get me? A weekend at a timeshare? 4 million dollars? Just let me know!!

Later,
Brian
Jess said…
Who needs class reunions when the world has MySpace and Facebook?
Anonymous said…
Rob, I do have a MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/57257787
I just got it and don't use it that often, but it does email me if there is any activity, so I do keep up with it.
Byagi said…
Glad to find you didn't end up in Merry Ol' England. Every time I think of the UK, I think of clammy skin. ...I don't know why..
Anonymous said…
Holy cow is it good to have you home. How do you do it? Be so darn cool i mean. And the ladies I dont even understand how you school me. Oh yeah, remember a few years back when we took that job for the mafia? Well aparently that guy we wacked for 200$ dug himself up and went to the other mafia family to rat us out. This is not good.

Popular Posts