Real Genius

I came across an interesting article the other day on the blogma website. It turns out that researchers have found a way to make a laser that is a solid. Not just a beam of light, a solid laser. If a sunray could be chuck norris's foot to your face kind of solid. Doesn't this remind you of the 80's college classic Real Genius? Students are tricked into building a solid laser, discover that it is going to be used as a weapon, and point it at the professor's new house causing a flood of popcorn to erupt. Anyone remember? With Val Kilmer? Anyone?

The research is being used to make defense weapons that can shoot down missles that are aimed at the United States while they are in the air. Guess what kind of airplanes this laser is being installed on. A steath bomber? No of course not, we're installing them on commercial 747's. That way there is always a plane in the air that can take care of business.



Of course, who's to say that we would simply use this weaponry on just airborne missles? We could just fry the enemies of the U.S. while they sun bathe on the roof of thier Iraq mansions.



I mean come on guys, doesn't this picture look familiar to anyone besides me? I'd say this is one small step for man, one giant leap for the U.S. becoming the evil galatic empire.

Comments

Jess said…
I absolutely love the picture of the Death Star. Fabulous.
Tiffany said…
house full of popcorn? I remember that movie!!! (PS -- you, me, some of the other OGGO's -- Death Star doesn't stand a chance, young Robo)
Anonymous said…
Why do they have to be on 747's?? I don't need more proof that I work at an evil corporation.

Popular Posts