The Work Outs Begin!

I finally broke down and did it.

Costco membership? Check.
$200 worth of chicken, pork, and salmon? Check.
24HourFitness membership? Check.
High Protein 3200 calorie diet? Check.
Lots of Tylenol? Double Check.

That's right kids I went out and bought the cheapest gym membership I could find in Kansas City. I'm allowed in the facilities four days out of the week. (As if I could do more?) All for a grand total of $17 a month. I couldn't really pass up a deal like that. 24HourFitness was having a promotion for the TV Show "Biggest Loser" and had some great deals. Plus they are on the way home from work -- only 5 minutes away from the office and the apartment. So to help me get started again I bought a Jumpstart class that gives me two and a half hours with a personal trainer to set up an excersize plan. I just blew through my first hour this week. My arms feel like they are going to fall off. I worked arms, back, and chest for an hour. I forgot how much it hurts the first time you do this. Luckily it isn't near as bad as the VERY first time I started working out in high school -- I thought my biceps were going to pop off my arms.

Like I said...Tylenol? Double check. I'm taking the rest of the week away from the gym and going back on Monday to learn my leg routine. Should be a fun time.

I'll try and keep people updated on my progress from time to time. Collective Hunch gave me this idea...

Current Weight: 170 lbs
Current Body Fat: 12%
Goal Weight: 190 lbs
Goal Body Fat: stay below 15%

In other news, I spent last week in Tennessee on a business trip. I worked 12 hour days, drove 40 minutes back to my hotel (because that was the closest they could find me that wasn't booked) ate a quick dinner at a restaurant and passed out. By the time Thursday rolled around, I wasn't about to work 12 hours friday, wake up at 4:00AM Saturday (dang carpools), wait at the airport for 6 hours and then go back to work Saturday at 10:45PM until 4:00AM for the Time Change. Ugh.

So I switched flights. I worked a 10 hour day on Friday, got into town Friday night and had the whole day Saturday to sleep before I had to work at 10:45PM. I consider the $38 flight change fee well worth it. Other than that, work is going well.

As far as TV goes, I hate that Mr. Eko was killed on LOST. I knew something was up when he decided to confess his sins. Dang blast it! Redemption moments are for dead people - rembember that next time you think about absolving yourselves! I've also gotten seriously addicted to Heroes as well. I'm also still rooting for Mario Lopez or Joey Lawrence to win Dancing with the Stars. (Blast you football players and your millions of crazy fans, Emmett). However if I had to make a prediction, I think the last two will be Mario and Emmett. I called Joey's line to vote last night and managed to get in 15 votes without ever getting a busy signal. Not a good sign.

That's it for now. I'll keep everyone posted on the workout on Monday...

Comments

Popular Posts