Test Anxieties

I had midterm tests in my two hardest classes today. One is in VHDL - an insanely hard programming language used to torture computer nerds. The second is in Computer Networks. My entire week has been dedicated to reading 200 pages that should have been read three weeks ago. I finished this morning.

To prepare for the test, I went online yesterday and found some blank example tests on my professor's website. I finished them at 5:00pm and started studying for my other test in VHDL.

Suddenly I get a call from H at 8:30 that evening. He urgently needs the answers to the example tests (thinking there were solutions on the website). I tell him there are no solutions; I spent the entire day figuring them out. He then asks me to make a copy of them and drive them up to him. Pardon? My solutions. And I'm not going to drive them to you when I have another test to study for. Instead, I offer to help on a particular few he needs help with. He informs me he hasn't tried any of the problems yet. In other words, he just started studying. Studying including beginning to read the 300 pages he's behind on. So essentially, he just wants the answers so he can memorize them.

So I offer to give him the final answers to check against and the page numbers in the book where the full answers are. About 30 minutes later, I finish going through both tests with him. He then wants me to go back through them all and explain each problem. Murderous thoughts enter my head.

How do I keep my cool you ask? It was all because of J. She is amazing at the empathy thing. Sensing my desire to reach through the phone and strangle H, she rushes to the rescue. Before I know it, she is massaging my neck and running her fingers through my hair. H no longer bothers me, and I know what nirvana feels like. Through the fuzzies I'm feeling all over, I tell H I have other stuff to do, and can't help him more than that. He begrudgingly gets off the phone.

Today I got to class fifteen minutes early to go over a few more notes. H shows up three minutes late, sits down beside me and asks for me to explain how Hamming Encryption works. Not something I can explain in the time it takes the professor to pass out the tests. H spent the hour and a half scanning through the book (open book and notes). I was done in thirty minutes. It felt good to rape my first test this semester.

The second test in VHDL was a little harder. I've flunked this class before so I had the old test and solutions. I knew what to expect. When he passed out the exam, my rectum began to ache. This test was probably twice as long and twice as hard as last time. To overcome my panic, I imagine J's fingers in my hair. With two minutes to spare, I turn it in.

Yes, I raped two tests today - hardcore. I have an image of two tests shuddering next to me in bed as I lie back and smoke a cigarette.

Comments

Popular Posts